Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thank God for good friends!

Today I went to the corn maze. If you've never been to one, I would recommend it. It's better to go in a group cause then you can split up, cover more ground and scream out "MARCO" "POLO" at each other. They are fun because besides getting to spend an afternoon outside, corn mazes usually have other activities like petting zoos (who doesn't like looking at baby lambs or tiny ponies?) or bale mazes or pyramids to climb on. But the fact is, it isn't so much WHAT you are doing as it is WHO you are doing it with. Today I went with my brother and four of my friends, two of which I would consider my best friends, and we had a fantastic time.

This being thanksgiving weekend I have been thinking a bit about what I am thankful for this year and I have to say that despite the stress and uncertainty, I still had a hundred things to be grateful for. But what I was really thinking about was the friends that I have in my life.

I know that I have many friends that I just never get to see much of anymore. People who were once very close to me and now I barely talk to. If you are reading this right now, I want you to know that you are still important to me. I hope that things are going well. It makes me sad even though it's inevitable, people change, they have school and work and families that begin to take a lot more time and energy.

I also know that I have a core group of friends. People who I know will always be there for me. If I've had a tough day, if my boyfriend is driving me nuts, or if I just need a pick me up. I know that I have friends who would make the time to meet with me, or chat with me to give me advice or a shoulder to lean on. And I know, they know, they can count on me for the same.

This weekend, when you are thinking how thankful you are for a big turkey dinner (especially if you didnt have to cook it), for your family and for your job, don't forget to be thankful for your friends and take a moment to send them a message to let them know you appreaciate them.

Yours forever on the net,
-TiNA

1 comment:

  1. Extremely well said.
    I am more than thankful that you are my friend, m'dear. It's a pleasure, always.

    ReplyDelete